Strategy and Assets Committee
Meeting Date: Tuesday, 18 September, 2018
Location: Council Chambers, City Administrative Centre, Bridge Road, Nowra
Membership (Quorum - 5)
Clr John Wells - Chairperson
Clr Bob Proudfoot
General Manager or nominee
Finance Corporate & Community Services
SA18.231.... Waste Expo Australia..................................................................................... 1
Addendum Agenda - Strategy and Assets Committee – Tuesday 18 September 2018
SA18.231 Waste Expo Australia
HPERM Ref: D18/317870
Group: Finance Corporate & Community Services Group
Purpose / Summary
To consider Councillor attendance at the Waste Expo Australia scheduled for 3 and 4 October 2018 in Melbourne, Victoria.
1. Notes the details of the Waste Expo Australia scheduled for 3 and 4 October 2018 in Melbourne, Victoria.
2. Authorises available Councillors to attend the conference and such attendance be deemed Council Business.
3. Travel, registration fees, accommodation and all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses be met in accordance with its adopted policy.
4. Request Councillors attending the conference to provide a written report within 30 days of returning from the conference.
1. As per the recommendation.
2. That Council limit the number of Councillors attending the Conference and such attendance be deemed Council Business.
3. That Council not approve Councillor attendance at the Conference as Council Business.
The Waste Expo Australia is considered relevant to local government. Information in relation to the conference can be found on the conference website:
Costs associated with the conference are estimated as follows:
· registration : Nil.
· travel, accommodation and out of pocket expenses : not yet determined.
An option available to Council is to define the number of Councillors attending the conference and for Council to determine the appropriate Councillors authorised to attend.
The Conference commences at 9am Wednesday 3 October 2018 and concludes at 5pm Thursday 4 October 2018 and there is no Council Business scheduled within the period of the conference.
The Council Members – Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities Policy limits attendance at conferences to three per annum per councillor exclusive of any conference arranged by either the State or National Local Government Associations.