Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee
Meeting Date: Wednesday, 14 June, 2017
Location: Jervis Bay Rooms, City Administrative Centre, Bridge Road, Nowra
Time: 4.00 pm
CBD17.34... Appointment of Members - Community and CBD Retailer Positions............ 1
Addendum Agenda - Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee – Wednesday 14 June 2017
CBD17.34 Appointment of Members - Community and CBD Retailer Positions
HPERM Ref: D17/188506
Group: Finance Corporate & Community Services Group
Section: Human Resources, Governance & Customer Service
Purpose / Summary
To consider the outcome of the Membership Appointment Panel decision to appoint one (1) Community member and one (1) CBD Business Retailer member to the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee.
1. Luke Sikora be appointed as a Community member on the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee.
2. Lynnette Kearney be appointed as a CBD Business Retailer member on the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee.
3. Luke Sikora and Lynnette Kearney be notified of their appointments and be invited to all future meetings.
4. The other five (5) persons who applied for the Community member position be thanked for their applications and interest in the Committee.
1. As recommended
Implications: The appointment will fill the Community and CBD Business Retailer member vacancies on the Committee.
2. That the Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee consider an alternative action with respect to the vacant positions.
At the Strategy and Assets Committee meeting on 21 February 2017, Council resolved, in part, to:
“amend the remaining Nowra CBD Revitalisation Strategy Committee in addition to the reduced staff positions in the Terms of Reference, to reflect the following membership:
• Two (2) Community members (non-business operator or landowner)
• Two (2) CBD Landowners
• Three (3) CBD Business owner/operators
• One (1) CBD Business retailer (vacant)
advertise the vacant positions”
The change to the Committee’s Terms of Reference resulted in two (2) vacant member positions, one (1) Community and one (1) CBD Business Retailer.
The vacancies were duly advertised and applications were received from:
· CBD Business Retailer member position
o Lynnette Kearney
· Community member position
o John Barak
o Bohdan Brumerskyj
o Jeannie Green
o Wesley Hindmarch
o Luke Sikora
o Katherine Teague
The Membership Appointment Panel met on Friday 9 June 2017 to consider the applications.
Luke Sikora and Wesley Hindmarch, were short listed for the Community member position and subsequently interviewed by the Membership Appointment Panel on 14 June 2017.